Philosophy of Life
As I have wandered over hill and dale
throughout this great country for many a year, I have
dis-covered with some brilliance the great truths of life
can be summed up best by listening to a multitude of
little children, a few reasonable adults and Legions of
Senior Citizens. As a result of these unscientific
observations, here in a few brief paragraphs is the
entire philosophy of life:
THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED
1. When your
mom is mad at your dad, dont let her brush your
2. If you sister hits you, dont hit her back. They
always catch the second person.
3. Never ask your three year old brother to hold a
4. You cant trust dogs to watch your food.
5. Dont sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
6. Never hold a Dust-buster and a cat at the same time.
7. You cant hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of
8. Dont wear polka-dot underwear, under white
9. The best place to be when you are sad is
THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:
teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree.
2. Wrinkles dont hurt.
3. Families are like fudge-mostly sweet with a few nuts.
4. Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut
that held its ground.
5. Laughing is good exercise. Its like jogging on
6. Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the
fibre, not the toy.
ABOUT GROWING OLD:
up is mandatory, growing old is optional.
2. Forget the health food. We need all the preservatives
we can get.
3. When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do
while you are down there.
4. Youre getting old when you get the same
sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a
5. Its frustrating when you know all the answers
but nobody asks you the questions.
6. Time may be a great healer, but its a lousy
7. Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Always remember to forget the troubles that pass your
way; BUT NEVER forget the blessings that come each day.
Have a wonderful day with many smiles and take the time
to live, for Life is too short.
Jim Cassidy is commander of the American Legion
POST 219, and a member of the Council on Aging in North
Andover. You can send your comments to Jim Cassidy at ValleyPatriot@aol.com
*Send your questions
comments to ValleyPatriot@aol.com
The Valley Patriot is a Monthly
All Contents (C) 2005, Valley Patriot, Inc.
We publish 6,000 newspapers and distribute in Andover,
North Andover, Methuen, Haverhill and Lawrence.
To download this month's edition click here (March Edition)